Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The 1 Thing You Need for a Perfect Relationship

What's an ideal relationship? Men might describe the relationship they have with their car, or their favorite tool or their television. They might talk about an old buddy or co-worker. They tend to like their relationships to be simple and uncomplicated. Women might describe a relationship with an object, maybe a kitchen appliance or a cozy sweater. Women also form close relationships with old friends and neighbors. Women tend to favor relationships that are reliable and steadfast.

When I think of what makes up an ideal relationship I think about the one I have with my dog. My dog needs so little, just give them food, a place to stay, maybe a walk every night and of course add love. In return she makes me the center of her universe. When I walk in the door after a crummy day at work, she's there to greet me, and make me feel like I am the coolest, most important, most fun and loved person in the world. She's easy to maintain, gives maximum comfort and is quite easy to love.

I don't have anyone in my life that is so enthusiastic about greeting me at night, no matter how long I've been gone. She needs so little from me, and gives me so much. This is what I call unconditional love.

What is the meaning of unconditional love?

Unconditional love is the king of love you can give knowing your partner is not perfect. It's the kind of love that lingers after the passion has faded.

OK, so your spouse or partner has faults, you get it, and perfect they are not. They probably made their share of mistakes too. You still love your spouse because of those imperfections rather than in spite of them.

This is unconditional love.

What about you? You acknowledge that you are the same. You've got some faults. You are not the picture of perfect. You too have made your share of mistakes and you know it. But it's OK, because the first step for unconditional love to overcome your faults is for you to accept that you have imperfections.

So what do you get from this then? Is the lesson to go out and get a dog because that's a simple, low maintenance way to get this thing called unconditional love? Or is the lesson a bit more complex? Maybe we are just filling our lives and relationships with negative emotions, hurts, indifferences, and letting perceived issues rule our lives.

If you are looking for a way to turn your relationship into what we described as ideal, then it's time to put aside all the emotional baggage that's dragging you down and make room for the unconditional love to take root and thrive. Don't give this baggage any more power than it deserves. Acknowledge that faults exist, mistakes have been made, but love must endure.


----------------------------------------------------
For more information on how to save your marriage or your relationship check out this article: http://savemymarriagetodayreview.moneysites.com


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=319385

No comments:

Post a Comment