Friday, March 29, 2013

How To Get Better Grades In School

How does it feel when you get back a test that you studied hours for? You sacrificed going out with your friends and then got back a horrible grade? What about spending weeks or maybe even months studying for a big exam and then got back lackluster scores?

I know this feeling too well. This was my story my first year of college at UC Berkeley. My first year at college, I spent my time studying and got the worst test scores. I was determined to turn this around though. I didn't get accepted into one of the best schools in the country only to get bad grades.

My last year I studied the least amount. I was able to go to lots of parties and got better grades. I finally learned with a great deal of committment and dedication how to improve my test scores and ended up getting the best grades my senior year. My professor wanted me to be his Teaching Assistant.

Improve Test Scores - Why Is It Important To You

If you are a college student then being able to improve your test scores can drastically alter the course of your life. Maybe you aren't trying to get into graduate school but you have the need to achieve or make your family proud of you. Maybe after school you will be applying for jobs with companies and achieving a certain GPA is a requirement to get an interview scheduled. Learning how to take good notes, read the tests properly can result in getting the grades you want and knew you deserve.

Improve Test Scores - What I Like

When I ended up getting some of the highest grades, my confidence soared. Opportunities for better jobs were now available to me and I was able to get interviews where some of my friends with bad grade point averages where not able to get interviews.

Improve Test Scores - What I Didn't Like

Even though I learned the simple, time-saving techniques at times I wished I didn't have to study at all. I missed some of my favorite TV shows in order to concentrate on studying and learning how to study better.

Improve Test Scores - Final thoughts

After I learned methods to get organized, read tests better and ultimately learning how to improve test scores, my anxiety level went down. I enjoyed being in college more and I was able to feel a level of self-confidence and feel a sense of pride in myself. I just wished I had started armored with these tools at the onset so I didn't have to experience the humiliation of my initial bad grades.


----------------------------------------------------
Jasmine Kaloudis writes about mind and brain fitness.
For more information visit http://improvetestscores.moneysites.com/


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=321389

No comments:

Post a Comment