Friday, May 11, 2012

What Keeps You Up At Night?

Copyright (c) 2012 Erlin Annette Monrouzeau

I don't' know if this had happened to you, but I have had that "feeling" that keeps me up at night. You know… that "feeling"…the feeling that years are going by fast and you are not being true to yourself? In other words, you are not completely happy because you are not fulfilling your true purpose. Or you might not even know or are clear about your purpose.

If you are like me, I liked all the jobs that I had for a while but I was not truly happy with what I was doing. I rationalized that I cannot have or do what I really wanted because life is about compromising. However, inside I did not believe it. There are so many options out there that you might not being even aware of and, if you are, you feel so overwhelmed, confused, and paralyzed that you don't know what to do. In addition, you don't know how pursuing your dream or calling is going to affect your finances. If this is you, then you might be suffering from S.E.A.S (Short-term Employment Attention Span). You might be suffering from SEAS even if you are in your job for years! The first time I heard about SEAS was from a former employer of mine that wanted to hire me back. He said that he knew that my employment span was from 18-24 months after watching me for over for the last 6 years.

You know you are suffering from SEAS if you have two or more of these symptoms: feeling unhappy, Hate Mondays and cannot wait for Fridays, low energy, tired most of the time, stressed out, depressed, mad, angry, can keep a job for more than two (2) years, start different businesses and quit them, you go after the next shining object, and you might not considered yourself to be employable.

The most important thing when you are suffering from SEAS is to admit it. It is ok to feel what you feel, then seek help from someone that can help you be clear, support you, and help you to find out your next step. It can be a counselor, a coach, or books. The important thing is to do something about it.

The road might not be all easy but in your heart you will feel joy and on purpose. Like a phrase from a song of my favorite songwriter Ricardo Arjona "Don't accept the rose if you don't want the thorns." Your purpose or calling is what gives your life color, aroma and beauty.


----------------------------------------------------
Erlin Annette Monrouzeau is a Personal and Business Coach. She has vast education in self development,sales, copywriting and marketing .She has a BA in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Forensic Psychology. Erlin Annette has worked with attorneys and other professionals.

She is known as the Clarity Coach, helping women and men make a living with a purpose. She writes articles in her blog http://www.stopsabotageblog.com


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=267105

No comments:

Post a Comment