Thursday, November 15, 2012

Attracting The Thomas Jefferson Monticello Guitar

Copyright (c) 2012 Joe Vitale

The legendary founding father, Thomas Jefferson, planted a tree outside his bedroom window in 1807. We know that fact because he recorded it in his journal. Around 1870, a photograph of Monticello shows the poplar tree Jefferson planted, now healthy and tall. But by 2008, the tree became diseased and had to be cut down to protect Jefferson's famous home.

But all was not lost.

The Thomas Jefferson Foundation contacted two guitar builders in Virginia by the name of Huss & Dalton. They wanted to see if they could make guitars from the 200 year old fallen tree. This would be a bold and risky move, as poplar is not a wood normally used to create guitars (though some builders have done it). It's considered very hard and difficult wood to work with.

Still, the builders wanted to try.

They succeeded.

Huss & Dalton worked hard and created three guitars from the historic tree. All three were being sold through the Jefferson Foundation at Monticello. The first two guitars left without my even knowing they had been built. But by the time the third one was in progress, I knew of it and wanted to be one of the first to see it when it was completed.

When it was ready, it was loaned out to Artisan Guitars in Nashville. Artisan was to introduce the historic collectible guitar to the guitar world. One of the first loyal customers they contacted was me.

I saw all the photos of the guitar, read the description, and knew it was for me. That 200 year old wood would have a resonance to it that would sing. The fact that Jefferson planted the tree made it even more significant. Plus I already owned two Huss & Dalton guitars and love them. (One guitar inspired the song "Ghost Train" on my fourth music album, The Healing Song.)

Some people buy stocks; I buy guitars. I knew this would be a sound investment.

I wanted it.

But I also knew others would be seeing it, such as famed country western guitar slinger Brad Paisley. I needed to act quick. I did, by fed-xing a cashier's check for the full amount for the guitar. I wanted it alright.

NOW.

When it arrived the next day, I was so excited I asked Nerissa to film the unveiling. (You can watch it below.)

"Do not neglect your music. It will be a companion which will sweeten many hours of life to you." - Thomas Jefferson, 1790

The guitar is a small body size OO style, a little bigger than the 1867 parlor sized Martin I own. The Jefferson guitar's wood is Red Spruce from Virginia on top, with back and sides made from the gorgeous tulip poplar Jefferson planted in 1807. The bridge and fretboard is persimmon while the neck wood is black walnut. The lower fretboard has a wood burned engraving of Monticello, and Jefferson's signature, by artist Kenny Farmer.

The sound of this little steel string is smooth, surprisingly loud, and resonant. Playing it is easy. Right out of the case, and after tuning it, I started playing it effortlessly, smoothly, pretending Jefferson was sitting in the room, eyes closed, smile on his face, soaking up the heavenly music in the air. Since Jefferson was a musician who played the violin and bought guitars for his family, I know he would love this special guitar and it's magical sound.

Obviously, I love the guitar.

But what does all of this have to do with the Law of Attraction and attracting what you want?

The brief answer is this: There's nothing in me interfering with guitar collecting. I have no beliefs saying anything negative, limiting, or counter to my desire.

Of course, it wasn't always that way.

When I was struggling in poverty in Houston, trying to get published and feeling frustrated, collecting guitars never entered my mind. I was into survival. As I kept working on myself -- through countless books, seminars, audios, and finally with coaching -- I was able to break free.

And that's the point.

People trying to attract something into their lives often don't realize they first need to get clear of any unconscious beliefs about what they want to attract.

I've spoken and written about this insight for almost two decades now, but it doesn't hurt to convey the same message through a different story. This story about my attracting the famed guitar reveals what it takes to attract whatever you want.

Here are some key lessons:

1. I knew what I wanted. (Do you know what you want?)

2. I took action. (Are you taking action?)

3. I kept clear. (Are you getting clear?)

That's it. When you know what you want, take action toward it, and remove any limiting beliefs about having it, you will tend to attract (and move toward) what you want fast and easy.

I created Miracles Coaching years ago to help people in this area. I've learned that it is way too easy not to see your own limiting beliefs. You are living within the beliefs, so unless someone points them out to you, you may never realize what they are.

"Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." - Thomas Jefferson

If you're drooling to get a guitar like this of your own, Huss & Dalton plans to make two more. Go see their site.

Meanwhile, listen to the music of your soul - and act on what you hear.


----------------------------------------------------
Dr. Joe Vitale is the star of the hit movie, "The Secret." He is also the author of way too many bestselling books to mention here. To name a few: The Attractor Factor, Zero Limits and his latest, Attract Money Now. He's also recorded many Nightingale Conant audio programs, and most recently, "The Abundance Paradigm." He also created a Miracles Coaching program and much more! For more information on Joe Vitale, go to: http://www.mrfire.com


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=303085

No comments:

Post a Comment