Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Best Resources For Self Development

It's up to you to improve your life circumstances through a personal development growth plan (PDP). If you want success in your career or personal life, change unhealthy habits or character traits. A PDP is an essential ingredient. After you've done you're plan, we look at some other self development blogs to get you even more inspired!

Decide what it is you want to change or improve in your life. Make a list of resources that will be helpful in making those changes. This list can include books, audio tapes or CD's, web sites, software and online courses. Schedule a specific amount of time each day to use those resources in pursuit of your goals. Take notes on what you are learning. Taking notes will help you keep track of your progress. This will also provide you with tangible data if you plan to evaluate your efforts and developments toward your goal. Take action steps. Usually a good personal development book or course will have action steps included but if not, make up your own. Celebrate your success with a reward worthy of your efforts. Repeat until you experience the success you desire.

Remember that these changes will take time. Consistent pursuit will result in solid success.

Small Steps. To make a plan you need to include steps. Break a large goal into it's smallest components. Keep the end result in mind as you focus on the smaller bite sized steps.

Do What You Like. Its no good doing things that you don't like. Pick methods that appeal to you. Pick people to help you that you like. Make sure you are following your heart but don't run from the hard issues. They need to be addressed one day.

Always give 100%. I learned this when I started lifting weights with a personal trainer. He would keep me doing bench presses until I literally could not move one single millimeter. And then he told me I had given 100%. The same rule applies to mental work too. Now I know what 100% means, I also know what 99% feels like. And I can tell you, it's a bitch. You're left with that nagging feeling that you didn't give it all. So always give 100%, and then stop and go home. Or go do something else.

Let go of everything that's good. Letting go of something good is the hardest thing to do. I recommend you only do it when it no longer makes you happy. I let go of a 60+ hours per week job. I kept the same job, just turned it into a 40+ hours job. I've always loved my job but at a certain point I felt something was missing. And it wasn't something was missing in my job. Something was missing outside of my job. But the only way to add stuff into my life outside of my job was to let go of a part of my job first. At first I didn't succeed because I hadn't decided yet what I was going to replace those hours with. It was only when I decided what I wanted in other areas of my life that I managed to let go of part of my job. And now, every area of my life feels great, perhaps for the first time ever in my 35 years existence. Balance, I guess, is the right word. And funny enough, I love my job even more now.


----------------------------------------------------
For more information on how to improve your life, check out this site:
http://mindrealityreviews.moneysites.com/contact/
Another article I'm sure you'll like is the Mind Reality Review:
http://mindrealityreviews.moneysites.com/2013/04/05/mind-reality-review-read-this-before-you-buy/


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=324034

No comments:

Post a Comment