Saturday, December 22, 2012

Personal Development Tips - Unconscious Buttons

My middle daughter had a sign sitting on her kitchen counter that reminded me how our words have a profound rippling effect not only for ourselves, in the entire universe. The sign read: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Cute as it was, it hit a core within me from the simple truth those 7 words expounded. Why, because I gained 20 "plus" pounds through eating habits I took on during a 30 day vacation. I extended these eating habits way beyond my vacation days and before I knew it my trim size 6 expanded to a plump size 12, in what appeared to be overnight. Extra weight on a small petit frame is a lot of extra baggage to carry around, yet the interesting part was I allowed it to happen through "eating habits" I took on. To make matters worst I then surrounded this habit with thoughts, "words" to justify what I was doing and the final blow, even when my beautiful and trendy wardrobe dwindled to sweat pants and sweat shirts, an uncomfortable combo in Florida's heat, my mind remained on an automatic pilot of excuses.

I didn't realize that this was such a huge "unconscious" button for me until... I said... enough. With clear intent out in the universe I became aware how my thoughts and then the words out of my mouth were more focused on my weight "problem", even though I knew focusing on "the problem" only drains oneself emotionally and mentally. This "habit" required change if my goal was to be reached!

Although I knew "our thoughts/feelings, words and actions magnetize experiences into "our reality" I also knew that a "hidden" agenda", a subconscious priority that I wasn't yet aware of was more in the drivers seat than my conscious proclamation of wanting to lose weight. This subconscious priority was directing my thoughts, words and actions into receiving the opposite of any vocal outbursts of me committing to lose weight. I had to become aware of the "real" reason I was choosing to limit my happiness so I could alter destructive eating habits, end my gerbil wheel of excuses & do it! I asked God for help.

The same daughter became God's messenger when she asked me to join her in a Hot Power Yoga class. It took a few suggestions yet, I went. HPY became my new BF... I loved it... it fit my personality to a tee, connecting me not only to my body, also to the useless chatter in my mind so I could change the"habit" and receive what I wanted, weight loss. My spirit lifted to a horizon where I knew I wasn't doomed to live my life out in sweat pants, a fate worst than death to a clothes diva. Yoga, for me, had it all! Body Mind & Spirit.

Even though I loved it, challenges still arose. Yet, because this practice sparked a "passion" my love for what "I gained" from my new BF began to peacefully override any rough spots that challenged me. How? Because I allowed "the love of" to interrupt the "limitations/excuses" my mind took me to when I was challenged. One more time, love, unconditionally, was the answer!

The sign in my daughter's kitchen evoked my commitment to change: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Repeating these words to myself I was able to stop myself from comfort eating and remain within the simple task of good nutrition to fuel and keep my body healthy. God brought the messenger that directed me to my answer, I had to heed the message. I am now down to a size 8 in less than a month, loving my body as it is, yet reaching beyond to a size 6.

How is this simple story about weight gain and loss related to personal and professional growth, because the willingness to "stop oneself from a habit" that takes us away from what truly allows us to feel good about "who we are" is an important "key" in reaching personal, professional and organizational goals. How? Because what we "perceive" we create through our thoughts/feelings, then our words, then our actions, these elements combined create our character, our character then defines our destiny.

Example: A significant objection in society is that people's level of success is greater than the strength their character can sustain. We see this play out in the entertainment or the music industry, unscrupulous corporate/business practices, professional sports in and off the field, and my personal favorite, politics. People lack the "personal strength of character" to gracefully handle their success, power, influence, wealth or the illusions that come with defeat. Lack of character develops when respect, honor, integrity and unselfishness go out the window in order to... WIN. This is called "character chasm".

Chasm is the profound difference between "who you truly are" and who "you think you are" by "what you have become" through deficient choices. Strength of Character requires the "will" to carry on and find a solution long after the temporary state of mind in which you made the promise / commitment / agreement has left you. Most people let their state of mind/moods manage their behavior/choices/responses. Their full potential is never reached because they don't rise above "negative states" of the mind; and instead let negativity drive them deeper into inhibiting choices. They lack resolve and become defined through previously made "inadequate" choices. You have the "free will" to choose differently. Focus on what matters... building a character that rises above adversity through... unconditional accountability... and you will receive what you need, want and desire... that's it. Everything else then slides neatly into place... naturally.

Develop "character" by beginning with positive/supportive thoughts/feelings that generate the words that then subconsciously/consciously evoke actions that are positive/supportive, this then become habits that develop a strong character. Your strength of character navigates you by attracting what you focus on... this focus becomes your destiny... personally & professionally.


----------------------------------------------------
Veronique of Veronique Inc. has been Veronique Inc. Building Unshakable Internal Foundations since 1986. Do you want to reach your goals sooner rather than later? Contact us today to get the ball rolling in your own personal and professional development! http://veroniqueinc.com


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=304711

No comments:

Post a Comment