Monday, July 8, 2013

"Just the Tip" : How To Grow Wealth

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become." - Jim Rohn

"My sense of self and my mental health is much more powerful than any hint of wealth." - Guru, rapper

"Why do you think you keep dating these psychotic women?"

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and tried sincerely to come up with a believable answer. Anything besides the truth would suffice.

I'd been lying on my therapist's couch for 45 minutes describing cycles of dysfunctional relationship after dysfunctional relationship after dysfunctional relationship. This last one had ended in tears and restraining orders.

Patterns were beginning to emerge.

I sat up, looked him square in the eyes, and told him the God's dishonest truth:

"Because I have a fetish for women in straight jackets. It's something about the tight fit and the inherent limitations on them being able to strike me. Help me doc."

As usual, he said nothing. He just nodded slowly and looked at me with an overly understanding expression as if he could see straight through me, the wall behind me, and directly into the mind of God.

"Ok fine. It's because I'm psychotic too - you win. Happy? I can't believe I pay you for this torture."

More nodding.

Prior to coming to this understanding, I had thought all women were crazy. Little did I know I was foolishly projecting my neuroses and past experiences on to the entire female gender group.

Not surprisingly, I kept attracting women who were something like a cross between Courtney Love and Lindsey Lohan (on their bad days).

Even if a woman I dated wasn't crazy I'd make her crazy via my masterful skills of Freudian projection. Then I would promptly send her to my therapist for him to fix her for me.

I wish I were kidding. This went on for over a decade.

I love cycles, don't get me wrong. I had a tricycle when I was a kid that was pretty hot. Menstrual cycles are cool because it's the one time a month a woman acts a little crazy and I can know for sure I'm not projecting anything.

It's when cycles turn vicious … vicious cycles are no fun.

So I decided I'd had enough. I was attracting mentally unstable women because I was mentally unstable. Fine. I made up my mind to stabilize and end the madness.

Within 12 months I met my wife - the epitome of sanity and self-restraint. Her nickname is Mother Teresa. We're currently busy doing good deeds together and living happily ever after.

Why Am I Telling You This On A Blog About Wealth?

Because I think it would be helpful for you to picture wealth as a person.

Picture the characteristics of the type of human that other humans are naturally attracted to …

Self-Sufficient, Non-Needy, POWERFUL, Confident, Persuasive, Trustworthy, Responsible, Respectful, Present/Conscious, Dependable, Loving, Creative, Talented, Resourceful, Charitable, Generous, Fun, COOL, Emotionally Intelligent, Socially Intelligent, Wise, Well Spoken, Educated, Physically Fit, Mentally Stable

A person like that doesn't have to chase the opposite sex. They just have to walk in the room. The opposite sex comes to them.

Now understand that wealth is attracted to people with these same characteristics.

It's worth noting that I was actively pursuing all those "crazy" women. They didn't just pop out of nowhere. I went looking for them.

Once I stopped the chase and started focusing on self-development, my wife simply appeared. I didn't even have to do anything. I was at a concert ordering a Grape Vodka & Red Bull at the concession stand, and she leaned over my shoulder and paid my bill for me. We got married 30 days later.

That's how wealth works.

And don't judge my drink either. It's freaking delicious. And energizing. After extensive testing though, technical difficulties do start to emerge after the 6th one. Just a word of caution.

My point is … focus on wealth? You'll get Courtney Love-style financial chaos.

Focus on developing that long list of characteristics above? Mother Teresa's granddaughter will come knocking on your door dressed in lingerie with a briefcase full of hundos.

So what steps can you take right now? How do you grow?

"I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We're made to grow. You either evolve or you disappear." - Tupac Shakur

First you need to value personal growth at a deep fundamental level. Understand that everything you're wanting in life comes naturally as a result of personal growth.

Second you need to come to grips with the following equation:

growth = pain

Hence the term "growing pains."

So don't be surprised when you feel the pain. Push through it, and you will be glad you did.

Then you need to start exercising your mind, body, and spirit like your life depends on it.

Indeed it does.

Mind Exercises

Read books constantly. You'll find some of my favorites in The Red Pill Book Club

Do affirmations daily. Start with the one at the bottom of this post.

Surround yourself with people you want to be like. They will rub off on you.

Visualize what you want. Use Mind Movies if you have trouble visualizing things.

Face your fears. Scared of heights? Jump out of a plane. Scared to speak? Join Toastmasters. Scared of reality? Keep reading this blog.

Read "Feel the Fear … and Do It Anyway"

Write down what you're thankful for. Do it every day.

Monitor your self talk and correct lies with the truth. Read "Telling Yourself the Truth"

14 Body Exercises

Stop caring about food so much. Find a better reason to live.

Stop eating fake, processed foods that have the same chemicals in them as my dishwashing detergent. Literally.

Stop taking medicine every time you get a sniffle. As a matter of fact, stop getting sniffles in the first place. Sniffles are for sissies. I haven't been sick in 5 years. Sickness is unnecessary. Start by taking Source Naturals.

Don't eat anything that's been genetically modified. It's currently killing you.

Restrict your diet to ORGANIC lean meat, fish, fruits, and vegetables.

Read "The Paleo Diet"

Find out what food allergies you have and stop eating those foods. Feel free to use my holistic doctor. But don't bug him unless you've got a few grand. And insurance won't cover it.

Cut out wheat, dairy, sugar and salt from your diet. Read "Wheat Belly".

Drink at least 2 liters of Penta, Fiji, or Mountain Valley water a day.

Drink faucet water … if you're looking for the best way to kill yourself and have it not look like a suicide.

Read Natural News every day.

Do 30 minutes of cardio exercise every single day.

Do weight training 2-3 times a week but only with a trainer who knows what the heck they're doing.

Look up your local Gracie Jiu Jitsu school and take MMA classes. The more you're not a wuss bag, the more money you'll make.

Spirit Exercises

Realize you are a man or woman made in the image of God with a body, soul, and spirit. You're not an animal. if you think you are, then you should have no problem with me barbequing you at my next family picnic. Come on over and bring some sauce.

Develop an OBSESSION for uncovering the truth about life and ultimate reality.

Start saying "God, please show me who you really are." every single day. If you think you are God, then you have the added advantage of being able to ask this question in a mirror. Let me know what happens.

Research all major world religions. What could be more important to research than why you exist, who made you, and where you came from?

Realize all of them besides Christianity say the same thing: "Do good and then you'll be healed."

Try doing good. Then punch yourself in the face because it's impossible to do anything without selfish motivation and/or the desire to be seen as good for vanity's sake - which is inherently not good.

Maybe choose Christianity. It's an oldie but goodie. I'm not telling you what to do. It's just what's worked for me. Do the research and you do you. But do me one favor: don't hold all the hypocrites, televangelists, Catholic scandals and"religious" types against Jesus. He has nothing to do with that stuff.

Read the Bible. It's the #1 best selling book of all time. There must be something to it.

We have touched the mere tip of the iceberg. But you know what they say - "just the tip" is better than nothing at all. : )

Leave a comment below, say "I value growth!" and get to work!

Recommended Reading: All the books I mentioned above.

Ancient Wisdom To Memorize: The generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house.

Affirmation For The Week: I value growth


----------------------------------------------------
Preston Ely is a successful real estate investor, information marketer, serial entrepreneur, author, speaker, life coach, musician and philanthropist. He has also produced a dozen home study courses and membership sites on topics ranging from personal development to creative wealth building.
Go to http://WakeWealthy.com to read more free articles and get yourself on the track to finanical freedom today!


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=335782

No comments:

Post a Comment