Wednesday, November 23, 2011

3 Happiness Quotes to Help You Be Happy

Happiness is in short supply. Or so the news would have us believe. Me? Happiness is everywhere, and anywhere - anywhere we want it be. If we choose.

All very lofty I know, but I do have 3 inspirational happy quotes to help prove my case.

Of course, if you absolutely insist on being unhappy, there's nothing I can do for you...

Inspirational Quote #1:

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
-- Abraham Lincoln

You'd think the 16th President of the United States would have had far too much going on to be happy, or even to be philosophical. But there you have it... happiness is a choice!

So how is your choice-making going, today? Does happiness elude, or do you feel its gentle caress when you look into the face of a love one, or feel the shine of the sun on your skin, or even when you taste that first mouthful of food at breakfast-time?

Happiness literally is everywhere, and anywhere - anywhere you want it to be. If you choose.

That's what I say, anyway. And, no, I am not some ridiculously happy laughing idiot; I've actually spent most of my life miserable, truth be told. But that was before I understood, fully, that MY life is MY responsibility.

Now I am happy finding happiness in the strangest of places, even in the act of writing an article on happiness...

Finding Happiness Quote #2:

"In seeking happiness for others, you find it for yourself."
-- Anonymous

That's not to say that I haven't tried to pursue or find happiness - usually (in the past) via a better-looking girlfriend! (Shallow, moi? Yes, I used to be Mr. Low Self Esteem, and this was one of my low self-esteem symptoms.) I now realise that happiness just is (or isn't) - yes, happiness is as simple a choice as that to make about your life. In fact, I believe that happiness is also a habit.

So even when times are hard - and, in life, there will always be hard times! - you can still be happy.

Finding happiness is simply making an active choice to be happy - that's what I believe.

And one of the best ways of making that active choice is by trying to make others happy. As soon as you put yourself second and someone else first something quite magical happens, it really does.

Try it, try it right now, to see what I mean...

Finding Happiness Quote #3:

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis."
-- Margaret Bonanno

But don't be fooled by yesterday's 'happiness success' will you! This happiness gig is all about valuing each and every moment we live - as much as you can, anyway.

Margaret B. is quite right. Happiness is not lived in the past or the future, but in each and every present moment.

Good luck, then, to finding happiness. And if you're wanting a clue as to where to look - well, it's where you last put it down, isn't it! ;-)


----------------------------------------------------
And if you still want some help finding happiness why don't you take a look at this page I carefully created for you some time back

http://www.selfhelpcollective.com/finding-happiness.html

From Steve M Nash - Editor of http://www.SelfHelpCollective.com


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=229627

No comments:

Post a Comment