Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Does Age Difference Really Matter?

Most people, in this day and age, do not put much emphasis on age when it comes to a relationship. There is still a stigma when the difference in age is pronounced. And couples with a big age difference tends to attract a bit of attention. Most of us have witnessed this and have pondered what the attraction is. This happens more often than we even know. I am married to an older woman, so I tend to notice this more than other men. The age difference between my wife and I is only five years and, as a friend of mine who I have known for 25 years, always refers to me as her boy toy or her eye candy. First of all, my friend was being very generous to even say that. Let's face it, what guy in his right mind does not want to be thought of as eye candy or a boy toy. And trust me on this, I am not eye candy or a boy toy (My wife just informed me that she would beg to differ. Looks like I will have to write more articles around her, ego boost!). And just so you know my wife and I have
a very good relationship, and we do tend to tease and joke around quite a bit. We spend an awful lot of time together ("awful" is meant as a good thing in this sentence).

Getting back to why I think of this occasionally. My wife will bring up our age difference jokingly and sometimes in a more serious tone. I'm still not sure why she even brings it up. When I first met her 22 years ago I did not look more youthful than her, but she was more mature than I was. It had been three years since I graduated from college and she already had a established career path. She worked in graduate studies and her co-workers were much older than her. She was mature for her age and dressed according to her line of work. Seeing her in casual clothes, you could not tell her age. But once she spoke, you could tell she was more mature. As the years rolled by, and my life experiences broadened, I noticed that I got closer to her in age. As it now stands, after 22 years, I look 2 to 3 years older than her and maybe even older than that. When I look in the mirror I don't see that young guy anymore, I see a distinguished, older guy (I had to put that in) and periodical
ly I ask myself who that old guy is looking back at me. I tell you, looking young and feeling young are two different things and positively two different stories.

Our society judges men and women differently when it comes to younger partners. When you see a much younger woman with an older guy, the first thing that comes to mind is "He must have money." How else could he have scored such a great catch? When it's an older woman with a younger guy, it's not about the money, it's about eye candy or a boy toy. Younger men have more staying power, something older men certainly are lacking at this point in their life. But men, do not despair. We may not have the money the younger women are looking for, but with todays science, we can most definitely keep our spouse fulfilled at home. You know, give it a little bit more juice to get it going, but this time we can actually take something to give us more juice. We can actually compete with the younger generation. Not only are we more mature, we are more accomplished, we are somewhat already trained and we have more money. I love science and technology! Unless of course you have health issues, i
n which case, you better hope that there is alot of love in that relationship to keep it strong.

In the shows and sitcoms that I watch, I notice that the women are better looking than most of the men. A majority of men want their partner to be more attractive, it's bragging rights. As an example, I caught up with an old acquaintance from my past when my wife and I first got married. And we actually started to get together and hang out again. On more than one occasion, he invited me over to his home for drinks and to meet his wife. He actually had the opportunity to meet my wife first and, sad to say, I never had the opportunity to meet his wife or hang out with him again. He never returned any of my calls and I never saw him again, nothing. At first I could not figure out what happened. In our younger days, this friend of mine always had to have the better looking girls. I'm sure his wife was a beautiful woman when he married her, that's the kind of guy he is. But the years can be harsh to a woman and she may not look as good as she did in the past. All I could think of
was he could not face the fact that my wife did not look her age and she could still turn heads.

Although society is more liberal with all walks of life, people still scorn, and chuckle, when their is a large age gap. Many other lifestyles are now widely accepted, but physical difference are still ridiculed. Some women marry older men for their money and to possibly outlive their husbands. I'm not a statistician, but women outlive men by approximately 5 years. But as long as both parties are of sound mind they should be able to make any decision they want. After all, who am I to tell someone how they should live their life? I live near the ocean, and I hear things like "That person should not be wearing a bikini" or "That person should not be wearing that." All I can say is, don't look at them. Next thing you know, people will tell you that if you are older or weigh a certain amount, you should not wear lingerie. Well, I like lingerie and if it feels good and fits, then I say wear it, regardless of your age or weight. As a matter of fact I need to talk my wife about buyi
ng that strapless babydoll lingerie that she has been eyeing and just maybe we can have some fun, playing dress up of course. See ya next time!


----------------------------------------------------
Do you need help deciding what lingerie to purchase? Visit http://www.elitesexylingerie.com for amazing articles and videos that shows how to purchase sexy lingerie for that special someone. Elite Sexy Lingerie offers a low cost, painless shopping experience with hundreds of different styles, including adult toys, all on one site. Saving you time so you can get back to other things. Thomas E. Henry is a writer, and fan, of Elite Sexy Lingerie.


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=347260

No comments:

Post a Comment