Monday, August 12, 2013

Are You Limiting Your Success?

Copyright (c) 2013 Whole Life Ministry

Are you limiting your success unknowingly? Most of us will get out of life what we believe we are worth. When I was a young man I was told you need to go to college so you can get a good paying job. So I went to college and got two or three different degrees. I did okay, but I never really hit it out of the ballpark. Over the years I have met many people who have done very well without a college education. As a matter fact I have worked for some of them and added substantially to their bottom line. So I asked myself what did they have that I don't. Then one day I realized that information alone does not lead to success.

The Bible tells us that we have not because we believe not. When I learned that my beliefs determine my actions not how much I know my life turned around. If you don't believe that you can make $12,000 a month, you will be right. By contrast if you believe that you can make 12,000 a month you will be right too. One of my favorite sayings has been," you will always pay for what you don't know."and I did. There are many times that we think and say that we believe something, but our actions do not demonstrate it. Let's look at weight loss a minute. How many people do you know that want to lose weight. They will even tell you that they've tried everything. The truth is until you believe that you can lose the weight you will not. At least they will not lose it on a permanent basis.

So if belief is the real issue how do you change your beliefs to achieve success. Within each one of us there are five domains; the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual. Our beliefs reside in the spiritual domain, however they impact every other domain. So if we change our beliefs, we change the outcomes. In the case of dieting when we deprive ourselves of nourishment. We create a self-defeating environment, because we all want to eat. While it may seem obvious that if we don't eat we will lose weight. We are actually creating an environment in which we will gain weight once we go off the diet. It is a false belief that has gotten in our way. The truth is when we change when and what we eat we can have permanent success. When you are convicted that a believe is wrong you can't just throw it out. You must replace it with something better. When you feel the benefits of what you're doing, you will strengthen your new belief.

Do you realize that when you were a child you heard no 17 times more than you heard yes! You are in fact conditioned to succeed only to a given level. Most of us have been conditioned to fear failure to the point that we are unwilling to try something new. I read about an interesting study that was done in a college with their intramural basketball teams that has changed my life. They split the players into three groups. One group spent half an hour every day shooting foul shots in the gym. The second group spent one half hour imagining they were shooting and sinking foul shots but these kids were not in the gym. They were sitting in chairs in a room somewhere else. The third group didn't do anything. What happened after one month of this research really blew my mind. As to be expected the group who did nothing showed no improvement. The group which practiced every day in the gym had improve their free-throw shooting by 24%. Are you ready for this? The group they had practice
d in their mind somewhere else improved 23%. I challenge you to try this in your own life. Take a belief that you would like to change. Focus on seeing yourself succeeding in the behavior you would like for several minutes each day and I think you'll be amazed at the results.


----------------------------------------------------
Whole Life Ministry is dedicated to helping people improve the quality of their lifestyle. If you are interested in improving your health and your wealth contact us at http://www.wlmin.com


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=334617

No comments:

Post a Comment