Friday, May 30, 2014

Spotting Pool Leaks

Copyright (c) 2014 Joe Vitale

A few months ago the pool started losing water. Obviously there was a leak, but I couldn't find it. Neither could anyone else. We all walked around the pool, looking for any obvious signs of holes or leakage, but nothing. I walked around inside the pool, too. Couldn't find a thing. But the water kept leaving anyway. It wasn't an emergency or even a priority, so I let it slide.

Now that the weather here in Texas is getting warmer, thoughts of the Summer come to mind. I couldn't put off getting the pool fixed any longer. I'm going to want to be in it one day very soon.

So I called the pool company that installed it. They suggested I first hire a man who could possibly spot the hole causing the leak. I thought that was a long shot, since I and so many others had already studied the pool. But I made the call anyway.

Ramone came out the day after my call. He was talkative and friendly. Told me all about his online graffiti interests, how he writes reports on belief systems, how he used to run a pool company, and how he just hunts for pool leaks on the side for fun and profit. Fascinating guy.

Within ten minutes he announced he found the leak. I was stunned. I couldn't believe it. I asked him to show me.

He got in the pool, which had to be freezing compared to the warm Texas air, and pointed to the tiniest of slits on the bottom of the pool. It wasn't even on the side of the pool all of us guessed it might be. And it looked like a leaf, not a leak. I shook my head in disbelief.

Ramone then went about repairing the leak. I was still in shock. I asked him to look around the pool even more, as I thought maybe he actually missed the real leak. I couldn't believe the tiny slit he found was the reason I lost thousands of gallons of water.

He couldn't find another leak, I paid him, and he left. The next day I put water back in the pool. Sure enough, it's holding just fine. Ramone had found and repaired the leak.

Here's the lesson:

When your brain is trained to see specific things, your eyes will spot them easily.

In other words, Ramone's experience had wired his brain to be on alert for pool leaks. He could see them when you and I could not. You and I aren't trained to spot leaks.

But this is how you and I walk through life.

We see what we have experience in seeing. We don't see what we don't have experience in seeing.

Simple enough, right?

So how do you awaken your brain to see what has been there all along?

When I was learning marketing decades ago, I listened to Dan Kennedy, Jay Abraham, and others. I read the classics by John Caples, David Ogilvy, Bob Bly, and more. I trained my mind to see what it hadn't been trained to see or do.

Today I can see business opportunities when before I could not. Today I can't stop myself from seeing them, any more than Ramone can stop himself from finding a pool leak. It's now natural.

To "turn on" your brain, you need to have intention and take action. The intention is to accomplish something; the action is to train yourself to see what's actually obvious.

How do you turn on your brain?

1. Read. This has been the #1 key to my success. Read biographies, business books, psychology books and more. Read "The Power of Impossible Thinking" by Jerry Wind and Colin Crook, read "Why We Make Mistakes" by Joseph Hallinan, and read "Iconoclast: A Neuroscientist Reveals How to Think Differently" by Gregory Berns.

2. Listen. Use your travel, exercise and relaxing time to listen to audios that will expand your mind. Buy what interests you at www.nightingale.com (I have three audioprograms there: "The Secret to Attracting Money", "The Missing Secret", and "The Power of Outrageous Marketing".)

3. Train. Get coaching. I'm a big believer in having a mentor. I have two coaching programs right now. Depending on your interests and intentions, one or both could help you awaken your brain. (See www.miraclescoaching.com or www.joevitalementoring.com)

Final example:

I'm about to go to Peru and speak in a stadium to 35,000 people about the Law of Attraction. I intend to learn conversational Spanish for the trip. To do so, I'm reading books, listening to audios, and looking for a tutor. This is all part of training my brain to do something it hasn't done before (or at least not since High School Spanish in 1970).

Magic and miracles, money and more, are at hand. It's simply a matter of "spotting pool leaks."


----------------------------------------------------
Dr. Joe Vitale is the star of the hit movie, "The Secret." He is also the author of way too many bestselling books to mention here. To name a few: The Attractor Factor, Zero Limits and his latest, Attract Money Now. He's also recorded many Nightingale Conant audio programs, and most recently, "The Abundance Paradigm." He also created a Miracles Coaching program and much more! For more information on Joe Vitale, go to: http://www.mrfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment