Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Meeting Kevin Trudeau

Copyright (c) 2014 Joe Vitale

Decades ago I bought Kevin Trudeau's Mega-Memory course. I don't remember where it is (ha ha) but I remember liking it.

Not long ago I bought his bestselling books, from Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About to The Weight Loss Cure.

I've seen him on infomercials and have friends who know him. But I never thought I'd meet him.

I did.

And it was unforgettable.

Kevin and his young bride met me for dinner last night in Austin, Texas. He surprised me by being early. Most people are late for meetings. Not Kevin. I liked that quality in him, as I'm usually early for meetings, too.

Kevin looks much younger and thinner than his recent infomercials and photos reflect. He looked in his thirties, though I know he's 46. I did a double-take when he walked through the door. But he recognized me and waved. I liked that he remembered what I looked like from my online pics.

He and his wife met me at the bar, where I had been waiting (since I was early). When I told him I had been drinking 25 year old MaCallan scotch, he smiled and said it was his favorite.

I told him I knew that. I then handed him a rare cigar from a little island not far from Miami. He seemed really surprised. That's when I explained we have mutual friends, who tipped me at what he likes. Our friendship deepened.

Kevin's wife seemed starstruck. Turns out she is a big fan of all my books. And I mean all of them. They went on a shopping spree at Amazon and bought every title they could find by me.

Natalie, his wife, had lots of questions about the Law of Attraction and my writing career. She hung on my every word, as did Kevin. It was very flattering.

Kevin and I spoke about many things, from performing magic (we're both lifetime members of the Society of American Magicians), to infomercials (he had no idea of my experience with them) to network marketing to health cures to hypnotic storytelling.

I told him about my own infomercial for The Awakening Course. He asked about numbers and results, none of which I had at hand.

He said I should be on TV more. He said I am good looking, articulate, and sincere. (Thank you, Kevin.)

He advised me to consider creating an infomercial for one of my books, adding a few other books as premiums, and selling it for a low price, such as $19.95. He said to offer my Miracles Coaching as an up-sell when people called in to order.

This marketing method has helped him sell thirty million copies of his first book -- which he dictated in a week and sent to the printer with no editing or proofreading -- thirty million copies!

This guy is sharp, slick, and smart.

I'm well aware of Kevin's long term fight with the government, his prison time, his current federal restrictions, etc.

Yet the man I met is sincere, passionate, and dedicated. He is on a mission to help people get healthy and get out of debt. He's been to sixty countries in search of health cures that truly work. When he finds them, he reports on them. He's fearless about it, too.

He said cancer was usually due to stress, and usually concerns unexpressed grief. He said methods such as Roger Callahan's tapping technique, called Thought Field Therapy, could help release the wound up psychic energy behind cancer. He added that simple relaxation audios could also help.

Kevin lost 45 pounds (in 45 days) after discovering a German method for losing weight. It's one reason why he looks so much younger these days.

He's written about all of these discoveries and insights in his various books. (He gave me a signed set of them over dinner.)

I'm really impressed with Kevin. Too many people think too small or too conservatively, including me. Kevin says he likes simple. Instead of trying to get a publisher for his books, and fighting with them to market the books, and being let down when they don't sell, he goes straight to the masses with an infomercial.

He shoots them in one take, with no script or promptings. He doesn't even care if the infomercial sells the book, as he knows the infomercial will cause people to go into stores and ask for the book. He can then sell his book to retailers.

The guy is just brilliant.

Natalie noticed my watch. It's a hand painted car. I have a watch for each of my cars. That led to talking about our car collections.

Kevin loved how I created a rolling mastermind out of my 2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom.

He also loved the story of my inventing Fit-A-Rita.

Another trait I noticed and liked in Kevin is his ability to trust life. He never sees problems. He says you never ever know what any event actually means.

What looks like bad news may actually be good news a day or so later. He accepts the news and works with it. He has a spirit that won't be conquered. When I asked him about that, he said "You can't beat me. It's impossible. The world isn't set up like that. I'm going to win. Always."

Call it ego or call it delusion, that trait of invincibility is what many great people tend to have in common.

Kevin doesn't have goals. He's more relaxed these days and goes with the flow. He has a couple general intentions, such as for his own radio show, but otherwise he enjoys life and takes it as it comes.

My three hour dinner with Kevin (which he paid for) and his beautiful wife, was inspiring. I left thinking I need to hang around Kevin Trudeau and successful people like him more often.

He stretched my thinking, challenged my thinking, and enriched my thinking.

Who have you had dinner with recently that inspired you?

Who can you have dinner with and inspire?

PS -- The photo above is of Kevin, Natalie, and myself at our dinner at Flemings in Austin. Left click on it to enlarge it.


----------------------------------------------------
Dr. Joe Vitale is the star of the hit movie, "The Secret." He is also the author of way too many bestselling books to mention here. To name a few: The Attractor Factor, Zero Limits and his latest, Attract Money Now. He's also recorded many Nightingale Conant audio programs, and most recently, "The Abundance Paradigm." He also created a Miracles Coaching program and much more! For more information on Joe Vitale, go to: http://www.mrfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment